This is the most common hormonal abnormality affecting 10-16% of girls/women of reproductive age group. PCOD or PCOS as the name suggests is a condition in which the ovaries become enlarged in size and have multiple follicles in the periphery. These follicles secrete a number of hormones including the male types of sexual hormones called androgens such as testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and androstenedione. These hormones can cause acne, particularly lower face acne; hirsutism, and hair loss in a temporal pattern. These hormones also cause irregular periods.
Periods may be delayed (longer than 35 days; oligomenorrhea) or come early (shorter than 21 days; polymenorrhea) or even can arrest periods (secondary amenorrhea).
Insulin resistance is a part and parcel of PCOD. Hence weight loss and exercise are the cornerstone of therapy in PCOD.
Here in Harmony, we are conducting a Comprehensive PCOS clinic, in which Proper medical and hormonal management, medical dietitian advice, and PCOS specific Yoga sessions will be carried out in small groups. The group exercise sessions allow for patient-to-patient interaction and benefits further. PCOS can be very resistant to treatment and menstrual irregularity recurs as soon as oral contraceptive pills are stopped. So proper lifestyle management and reducing insulin resistance play a role.
Diet in PCOD: in addition to weight loss causing diet, certain foods that are known to improve fertility and cure PCOS are known all of which are taken care of at Harmony.
Years of experience
Awards & Accolades
Patients Who Loved Us
Testimonials from the patients who came to us with their problem and got well & gone home with their smile back on the face.
PCOD Treatment in Thane – Dr. Apoorva Hajirnis
What is PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a medical condition affecting women’s ovaries. In this, the ovaries produce partially immature or immature in large numbers. Moreover, over time, these can become cysts in the ovaries. Because of this, ovaries become large and secrete unusual amounts of male hormones. Moreover, it causes infertility, hair loss, abnormal weight gain and irregular menstrual cycles.
[expand title=”Read More”]
What are the symptoms of PCOD?
Women can start experiencing symptoms around their first period. However, some can discover it after they gain a lot of weight. Therefore, before you think of getting a PCOD treatment in Thane, understand the signs and symptoms which are as follows:
● Absence or skipping of menstruation (Amenorrhea)
● Irregular menstruation (Oligomenorrhea)
● Heavy bleeding during menstruation (Menorrhagia)
● Acne, weight gain and excessive hair growth
● Hair loss from the scalp – thinning and fall out
● Skin darkening in neck, groin, and under the breasts
What are the causes of PCOD?
Your doctor will determine the causes of the disease before starting your PCOD treatment in Thane which can be as follows:
● Heredity – You can have certain genetic correlations with your PCOD
● Low-grade inflammation – women with low-grade inflammation causes an increase in levels of androgen hormone. It leads to problems in the heart and blood vessels.
● Increased androgen production – the ovaries produce abnormal amounts of excess androgen hormones causing acne and hirsutism
● Increased insulin production – Excessive production of insulin in the body increase androgen production – a male hormone that causes ovulation troubles
What are the complications of PCOD?
You might think of getting the best PCOD treatment in Thane to ease the complications. However, it is best to know them before you get to the best PCOD clinic in Thane.
● Uterine bleeding – abnormal
● Type 2 diabetes
● Premature birth
● Metabolic syndrome
● Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
● Sleep apnea
● Endometrial cancer
Therefore, as the best PCOD clinic in Thane, we offer the best medical assistance and treatment to you. For further information, feel free to get in touch with us. We’ll be glad to assist.